Little Downsend Termly Fees – From September 2020
|Full time (Nursery, Reception & Year 1)||£3,990|
|First Steps and Rising Reception|
|2 Sessions||£1,069||6 Sessions||£2,486|
|3 Sessions||£1,604||7 Sessions||£2,818|
|4 Sessions||£1,785||8 Sessions||£3,223|
|5 Sessions||£2,112||9 Sessions||£3,628|
Sessions at Little Downsend
We prefer children in First Steps and Rising Reception to attend a minimum number of sessions per week. We are keen to make sure that children are well prepared for their next step and are benefiting as much as possible from the academic timetable. We describe our sessions as:
- Mornings from 08:30 am to 12noon
- Afternoons from 12noon to 3:30 pm
|Year Group||Age||Autumn term||Spring term||Summer term|
|First Steps||The academic year (Sept to Aug) your child turns 2||2 mornings||3 sessions||3 sessions|
|First Steps||The academic year (Sept to Aug) your child turns 3||4 sessions||4 sessions||5 sessions|
|Rising Reception||3-4||6 sessions||7 sessions||8 sessions|
- In Rising Reception, we ask that children attend Morning sessions with their additional sessions in the Afternoon.
- Our session progression guidance ensures that all our children are prepared for full-time education when they reach Reception by gradually increasing their time spent in school.
- We do not ask children to step up sessions immediately following a birthday but instead to increase their sessions at the beginning of the next term. Our aim is for all families to follow the guidance, but we do understand that in some circumstances more flexibility may be required for individual children and families. Mrs. Conlan is happy to discuss the possibility of a more flexible arrangement should you need this.
- You are, of course, able to exceed the session expectations.
Registration Fee and Deposit
- To register your child, we request a non-refundable registration fee of £100.
- We then ask for a deposit of £750 to accept your child’s place. The deposit is refundable upon the date of leaving, providing all fees and other payments have been settled.
Extended Day – 16:00 – 18:00
|Days a week||Cost per term without tea||Cost per term with tea|
*Based on a 12 week term example.
Parents with more than one child in Reception or above, across the Downsend School sites will qualify for the following discounts on standard fees:
- 1st child – Standard fees apply
- 2nd child – 5% discount
- 3rd child – 10% discount
- 4th child – 15% discount
15 Free Hours (Free Early Education), Childcare Vouchers and Tax-Free Childcare
Downsend School remains committed to Free Early Education (FEE) and continues to offer the 15 hours free early entitlement (FEE) across 35 weeks of the 38 week entitlement. The maximum FEE that can be claimed with us is 15 hours per week.
Additional information on FEE can be downloaded here. Our Finance Team will be happy to discuss how to use your 15 free hours, or how to use Childcare Vouchers or Tax-Free Childcare.
We work with School Fee Plan to enable parents to pay their school fees monthly: