From our pre-school nursery years: First Steps and Rising Reception through to Reception and Year 1, we inspire hands-on learning in our Pre-Prep family.
Why parents choose Downsend
While our educational approach ‘Inspiring Young Minds’ within each Pre-Prep in Leatherhead, Ashtead and Epsom is the same, each has its own unique setting, Head Teacher and staff. Only with a visit can you sense the buzz of purposeful learning as you walk round and see the children busily engaged. Recorders playing, children singing, biscuits baking, magic carpets flying, come and see us in action in our bright and colourful classrooms.
The start of your child’s educational journey
Each Pre-Prep offers two pre-school nursery years: First Steps and Rising Reception and full time school in Reception and Year One. From the age of 2 – 6 years, inspiring children academically and nurturing their individual talents are given equal focus and respect.
During these precious formative years, we embed the foundation of learning; young brains are growing at a phenomenal rate, everything we do, from French to fun, from Science to Yoganory, they soak up like a sponge.
As confidence grows and children come to us full time, their eagerness for learning is satisfied by an exciting and varied curriculum and a more structured approach. They are becoming readers, and writers, thinkers and innovators; it inspires us to see them well prepared for the next stage of their educational journey at Downsend.
- We build solid foundations in literacy, numeracy and science from an early age.
- We enrich our learning programmes with specialist teaching from the age of 2.
- We introduce children to a broader curriculum including History, Geography, French, Religious Studies, Computing, Sport, Music and Drama.
- Children swim, play instruments, enjoy a rich programme of PE and games, and after school clubs.
- We provide a network of family support with wrap around care before and after school.