Welcome to Downsend Pre-Prep Schools in Ashtead, Leatherhead and Epsom
Each Pre-Prep School offers a vibrant, personalised learning programmes for their Reception years, reflecting a balance of academic structure and imaginative, creative play.
- Reception ages 4 – 6 years
- Building solid foundations in literacy, numeracy and science
- Broader curriculum including History, Geography, French, R.S, Computing, Sport, Music and Drama
- Enhanced afternoon programme led by specialist teachers
- Forest and Woodland School for innovative hands on learning
- Wrap around care before and after school
- Open 50 weeks a year with our Downsend Pre-Prep+ Holiday Club
- Weekly swimming & Saturday Morning Sports Club at Prep School
and much more…
Why Parents Choose Downsend Reception
1:7 (on average)
Excellent child teacher ratio in Reception and Year 1 inspires children to exceed expectations.
of our children meet or exceed the Early Learning Goals.
17% & 19%
Higher achievement in English and Maths than the national average. *
(*As measured by the national GL Progress Tests – standard average age scores of 117 in English and 119 Maths for Downsend Pre-Prep Schools vs national average of 100.)
“The school has done a great job of making my children feel important and loved. They seem to have really thrived in their learning and are happy to go to school.”
Parent, Downsend School