Art is an important component of a balanced and rounded education. Through a broad and challenging programme of study, we encourage pupils to work imaginatively, express themselves creatively, and develop their problem-solving skills.
Through the teaching of Art, we aim to:
- enable pupils to develop an appreciation and enjoyment of art
- encourage individuality, initiative and creativity;
- introduce pupils to a wide variety of materials and techniques;
- provide opportunities for pupils to develop skills in drawing, painting, printmaking,
- sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques;
- help pupils to develop the skills to evaluate and analyse artistic works using an appropriate vocabulary.