Fees at Little Downsend
We know that flexibility is key for parents in these changing times. Our fees have been recently redesigned to offer parents as much flexibility and choice as possible. These pages aim to give you the information to help with your decision without overloading you with detail. If you would like to discuss your individual circumstances and what would suit you as a family, then we are very happy to help.
First Steps (Age 2) and Rising Reception (Age 3)
From September 2021, our full-time daily rate, from 07:45 to 18:00 is: £88.79
- A full day runs from: 07:45 – 16:00 at a cost of £74.39
- Our Extended Day runs from: 16:00 – 18:00 at a daily cost of: £14.40
We also offer different rates depending upon how many half days per week your child will be with us.
So how does it work?
Our daily rate is dependent upon the number of days or half days (we also call them ‘sessions’) that your child attends each week, as follows:
- 5 days a week (or 10 sessions/half days): £74.39 per day (or £4,240 per term)
- 4 days a week (or 8 sessions/half days): £75.11 per day
- 3 days a week(or 6 sessions/half days): £77.22 per day
- 2 days a week ( or 4 sessions/half days): £83.20 per day
- 1 day a week (or 2 sessions/half days): £99.65 per day
- Extended Day (16:00 – 18:00) is an additional charge of £14.40 per day
- The normal school day at Little Downsend runs from 08:30 to 15:30.
- Included within your fees, you can drop your child with us from 07:45 and collect at 16:00.
- If you would like an Extended Day, this runs from 16:00 – 18:00 and includes tea.
- If your child attends a half-day, this is a morning: 07:45 to 12:00
Take a look at a day in the life of Little Downsend here.
- We ask that First Steps children attend a minimum of 2 half days per week (1 day)
- We ask that Rising Reception children attend a minimum of 4 half days per week (2 days).
- Yes, we use electronic billing and will invoice you for fees monthly in advance.
During every school holiday, we offer a seamless transition to our Holiday Club, Downsend Early Years +. We offer a variety of options for you to pick and choose the days that you need. Our flexible ‘pay as you go’ option means you you never pay for holiday childcare that you do not need:
- A full day at holiday club (8am – 5pm) is at a cost of £71 for First Steps and £65 for Rising Reception.
- A short day (9am – 4pm) is at a cost of £52 for First Steps and £46 for Rising Reception
- Holiday Club is at an additional cost and can be booked and paid for via our secure parent app, Cognita Connect.
• We offer ad hoc half days at £44.50, which can be booked with 1 days’ notice via Cognita Connect or the School Office. (Subject to staffing).
• Extended Day can be booked with 1 day’s notice at a cost of £14.40. (Subject to staffing).
- We are registered to receive Nursery Grant Funding for all children aged three to four years. Our Finance Team will advise you on everything you need to do to set this up.
- Yes. Our Finance Team will be able to advise you on everything you need to do to set this up.
- If your child is with us all day, lunch is included.
- We ask for 1 calendar month’s notice in writing.
- When you complete your application forms, we ask for a registration fee of £50 (non-refundable).
- When you confirm your place, we ask for a deposit of £100 (refundable in line with T&Cs).
Fees for Reception and Year One
- The termly fee for Reception and Year One pupils from September 2021 is: £4,240
- To register your child, we request a non-refundable registration fee of £100.
- We then ask for a deposit of £750 to accept your child’s place. The deposit is refundable upon the date of leaving, providing all fees and other payments have been settled.
Yes. We are pleased to offer parents with more than one child in Reception or above, across the Downsend School sites, the following sibling discounts:
- 1st child – Standard fees apply
- 2nd child – 5% discount
- 3rd child – 10% discount
- 4th child – 15% discount
Extended Day runs from 16:00 to 18:00. The daily charge for Extended Day is £14.40 which includes a light tea.
From Reception, we will invoice you for your fees termly, in advance. However, should you wish to pay monthly, we work with School Fee Plan who enable you to pay your school fees in monthly installments. Click here to learn more about School Fee Plan.