At Downsend, our admissions process aims to make life as easy as possible. Our steps to enrolment are outlined here and aim to give you a sense of the steps we go through at Downsend to ensure that we are the right school for your child.
Make contact with us
We are available to take enquiries all year round, and welcome an informal conversation about how we can support you in deciding which school is right for your child.
To get a real insight into what makes Downsend so special, we invite you to join us for an Open Event. We love meeting new families and we try to make these events as informal, yet as informative, as possible. We want to give you a feel for who we are and what we’re all about. If you can’t join us for an Open Event, we’ll be continuing with Online Events.
Register your child for a place
We then ask you to complete our registration paperwork and pay your registration fee. We’ll keep in contact with you to confirm we’ve received what we need from you, and to keep you up to date on the Assessment Day dates and process.
When you register with us, we will ask for a current school report and a reference.
To access our Registration Form please click here.
We run our Assessment Days in November and January. These events are designed to be informal, friendly, and exciting days for your child to get to know us, and for us to get to know them. They will join us for a variety of activities where we’ll learn more about them and their skills. As part of that process, they will take online and paper-based assessment tests.
Junior School Assessment Days (Y2 to Y6)
- Wednesday 24 November: from 1pm
- Thursday 25 November: from 1pm
- Wednesday 19 January: from 1pm
- Thursday 20 January: from 1pm
Senior School Assessment Days (Y7 to Y11)
- Wednesday 17 November: all day
- Thursday 18 November: all day
- Wednesday 26 January: all day
- Thursday 27 January: all day
Process for booking
The numbers at our Assessment Days are capped to ensure the best possible experience. Therefore, the process for booking a place at our Assessment Days is as follows:
- To receive a link to book for an Assessment Day you must have completed your Registration Paperwork and paid your Registration Fee. If you have not completed this step and wish to do so, please find the link here.
- On Friday 15th October, we will send an email to all registered applicants with a link to book on to an Assessment Day.
- According to the terms of our Admissions Policy, the first bookings received will be registered for the November dates. Once the optimum number for November is reached, bookings will be allocated to January.
We aim to make offer decisions within 2 weeks of the assessment day.
Receiving an offer
We endeavour to give you enough time to make your decision but please be aware that our offers will be time-limited. Where we can offer a place straight away, we will. But as places are subject to availability, your child may be added to a waiting list.
Confirm your child's place at Downsend
To secure your child’s place, simply complete and return the necessary paperwork by the deadline given, together with the £750 deposit.
We will keep in touch with you during the Summer Term, giving you and your child ample time to get to know us before they join Downsend.