Further to the closure of Downsend school on Friday the 20 March, it has been decided that both Downsend+ and Early Years+ will not be open during the Easter holidays. Parents who have already made bookings will be contacted over the next few days regarding any necessary transfers or refunds.
What is Downsend+?
Downsend School offers a holiday club for children from age 5 (Reception) to 13. Based at Downsend School in Leatherhead, children can join us from 8am to 5:30pm for an action packed programme of activities. We offer a hot lunch in our dining hall and the option for tea.
What activities are on offer?
Downsend+ Days include:
- Non-stop activities from 9am to 4pm on most weekdays during the school holidays (except bank holidays)
- Swimming (sometimes twice a day) in our 25m indoor heated swimming pool
- Cooking in our brand new Food Technology rooms
- Sports sessions in the sports hall, on the astroturf and around our 16 acre site
- Use of Downsend’s extensive ICT facilities
- Arts and Crafts
- Board games, X-box and Wii
- Table tennis, trampolining, go-karting
- Reading, free play and playground fun
Downsend + Courses are offered alongside Downsend+ days:
- Cycling at Alice Holt
- Balloon Buggy
- Bekonscot Model Village and Railway
- Bike Maintenance
- Creative clay
- Digital photography
- First Aid
- Garsons Farm fruit and veg picking
- Gymkhana Day
- Jewellery making
- Mountain biking
- Scuba diving
- Singing workshop
- Tie Dye
And many more…!
Downsend+ special days:
Wednesdays across the summer holidays will be transformed into a fabulous themed world for staff and children alike. Some of our recent themes:
- Our Planet
- Caveman Day
- Arabian Nights
- Greatest Showman
- La Belle France
- Pirates of the Caribbean
“Molly and Joseph have had an absolutely fantastic time at Downsend + this Summer and I am extremely impressed with the standard of care from all staff and the extremely high quality activities on offer. Both have met new friends and experienced things they would probably never have tried or even know about had they not had the opportunity Downsend + has offered them. What a great Summer for them both – I really can’t commend you and your team highly enough! Thank you.”