Our three Pre-Prep Schools buzz with busy, active children. Each offers an enriched programme of activities that broaden and strengthen our curriculum. Children happily explore, experiment, and try new skills in a safe and supportive environment.
I love everything!
Typical enrichment activities include:
- Ball Skills. We have fun while developing our co-ordination. This club is for First Steps and Rising Reception.
- Sport Sessions. Specialist staff introduce children to the Astroturf pitch at the main Downsend Prep School. This is a Saturday Sports Club for Reception and Year One.
- Technology. Under careful guidance, we encourage children to use the digital world to inspire their learning using ipads.
- Music. Singing songs together appears in all aspects of our learning.
- Recorder. Everyone leaves having learnt to play a musical instrument.
- Forest School. Outdoor learning is great fun; we hunt for mini beasts, build shelters, and use the woodland environment to understand the world we live in.
- Drama. Creative role play helps to build confidence; we create stories together which spark our imagination.
- Cooking. We bake biscuits and cakes while learning to weigh and measure. Lots of delicious treats to take home.
- After school clubs. Including Hockey, Football, Drama, Yoganory, Hama Beads, Science, Craft, Woodcraft, Sewing. Children on the School Council are always consulted and they influence what activities are chosen.
- School trips. We love to build on our learning outside the classroom and have been to Painshill Park, National Gallery and the Polka Theatre.
- Visiting speakers and performers. The Chertsey Museum visited us with a wonderful collection of old toys including a doll made from wax.
- Building a sense of responsibility. School Council, Gardening Friends, Charity Friends, Playground Friends. Each child joins one of these groups in Year One to help mentor younger children, or be the “Voice of the Child’ for their school.